On Saturday morning, December 14, Townsend Harris High School will be hosting a 3-on-3 basketball tournament for alumni, faculty and students. All Townsend Harris alumni (men and women) are invited to come down and show off their Harris basketball skills. The games will be held at the high school building (149-11 Melbourne Avenue in Flushing, Queens).
Check in will be at 9:30am (sharp). Each team must have 3 or 4 people on the roster. If you are interested in playing and want to be added to a team, you may request that. Additional rules include:
The entry fee for Alumni/Faculty teams is $40 if paid by December 13 or $45 at the door. If you have a mixed team of Alumni/Faculty/Students, the entry fee is $35 if paid by December 13 or $40 at the door. All proceeds will go towards the Townsend Harris Athletics Department.
- Players can appear on only one team for the tournament
- Teams must be on their courts at their scheduled time Games are played to 16 points (win by 2 or first to 20) or whichever team is ahead after 25 minutes
- The ball must be “taken back” past the two point line after every possession
- All technical and offensive fouls will result in one point and possession for the opposing team (Ejection of player may follow)
- All players must be wearing proper attire and bring a white as well as a black or navy shirt to the tournament
To play, you will need to fill out this registration form and send to Lauren Caiccia, Townsend Harris High School, 149-11 Melbourne Avenue, Flushing, NY 11367: Download Link. You can pay either by sending a check to Ms. Caiccia or via credit card by clicking here. If you pay by credit card, please make sure you email the registration form to Ms. Caiccia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't want to play? We encourage you to come as a spectator - tickets will be $2 per person at the door.
For more information, please email Ms. Caiaccia at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you there!