|10/09/2014|| THHS Social Media & Business Networking Panel|
Sana Ahmed ('03), Adrianna Mateo ('08), and Gregory C Brown (guest speaker) co-host a panel talk and Q&A on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ networking from corporate and entrepreneurial perspectives. Session presented courtesy of the Townsend Harris Alumni Association. This will be a great opportunity to meet and greet other alumni from all years.
- Date: Thursday, October 9th
- Time: 6pm-8pm
- Address: Playwright Celtic Pub & Restaurant, 732 8th Ave between 45th & 46th Street
- Price: Free (cash bar)
More on the panelists:
- Sana Ahmed (’03) is a Product Marketing Manager in social media SaaS technology. As one of the first employees of Sprinklr, a company aimed for $1 Billion valuation, Sana helped them take lead in the social enterprise market. She influences cross-departments and external clients on strategic positioning and upselling. She is currently the Product Marketing Manager for Kinetic Social. Sana's love for social resides in discovering new features and business use cases that empower customers and users to win with technology!
- Hailed as a "rising artist" by the New York Times, Adrianna Mateo ('08) has performed as a new music violinist and singer-songwriter at the 2014 Bang on a Can Marathon; the American Museum of Natural History; the Metropolitan Museum of Art with its first Artist-in-Residence, DJ Spooky; and internationally in Africa, Asia, and Europe. She has recorded for Philip Glass and been featured as both model and solo violinist for a commercial that will be released nationally this year. She does not have a manager, publicist, or a personal website; you can connect with her on Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud, Instagram, Google+, Tumblr, and Ello.
- Gregory C. Brown (guest speaker) is a New York City-based composer, songwriter, social media consultant and aspiring publicist. He was born in 1990 in Baltimore, MD, and attended Shenandoah University in Winchester, VA, where he received a BM in composition and founded a successful community concert series. His music has been performed at the International Double Reed Society Conference, the Intersections Art Festival, the Rhymes With Opera RWO:Salon series, and featured on the icareifyoulisten.com Fall 2013 Mixtape. Previously, he has managed social media campaigns for the PROTOTYPE: Opera|Theatre|Now festival, Avant Media’s Avant Music Festival, and worked as Publicity Assistant for the Brooklyn-based publicist DotDotDotMusic. Currently he works for classical music publishing giant Boosey & Hawkes as Publicity and Marketing Assistant, where he manages their New York office’s Twitter and contributes to the company's Facebook. His website is electricpiety.com and he tweets as @homeless_greg.