For the first time ever, we are excited to announce the Return of Culture Vulture! As students of Harris, we were required to experience something outside of the classroom once a year. We have curated THREE opportunities here for you to explore NYC with fellow alumni and members of the Harris community. And guess what - a special benefit to engaging in a Culture Vulture activity now is that you will not be required to write a paper summarizing your experiences anymore!
There are limited spots to each one so please RSVP early. Please note that you will have to RSVP for each one individually.
Culture Vulture 3: Flushing Meadows Corona Park led by alumnus from the Class of 2007 and Board of Director member Michael Byc
- Date & Time: Saturday, September 9th at 11:30 AM (Please meet outside the USTA Tennis Center)
- Rain Date: September 23rd at 11:30
- Topic: The Park's History and Home to the World's Fair
- Cost per adult: Free but RSVP is still required. If possible, please consider making a donation to a cause of your choosing or to THAA to help support student programs of your choosing
- Cost per child (all ages welcome): Free
- Duration of tour: 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Number of spots available: 30
Please wear weather-appropriate attire and bring a water bottle as this tour is outdoors and requires extensive walking. Strollers, scooters and bikes for kids are permissible.
To prepay by Visa, Mastercard or Discover Card, please click here. You may also send a check made out to "Townsend Harris Alumni Association" and send to:
Townsend Harris Alumni Association
P.O. Box 1422
New York, NY 10113
Are you a docent or tour guide for any establishments around New York? We would love to work with you to create more of these opportunities. Alternatively, if there are certain spots you would like to visit with a group tour, please let us know. We can be reached at email@example.com.